Wild About Safety
Have you heard? Timon and Pumbaa are Wild About Safety. Safety is part of their problem-free philosophy and they want it to be part of yours too.
Safety is an important part of the Scouting experience. The best way to stay safe in the outdoors is to avoid getting into trouble in the first place. That requires planning, training, leadership, good judgment, and accepting responsibility.
Disney’s Wild About Safety website shares tips and hints to help your vacation be a safe and magical experience. With games, videos, coloring sheets and more, Timon and Pumbaa are fun to learn with at home and while visiting the parks.
Here are a few of their THEME PARK SAFETY TIPS
The Disney Parks are filled with fun rides and attractions, and proper planning and research can help make sure your visit is as safe as can be.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. Light-colored clothes are best to help reflect the sun’s rays during warmer weather, and layers are best during those cooler months.
- Wear UV protective sunglasses and a hat with a wide brim for blocking the sun.
- Have fun in the sun, don’t get overdone. Don’t forget to apply sun block every two hours.
- Apply sunscreen that protects against both UVA & UVB rays whenever you’re outdoors:
- Adults should use sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher
- Children should use SPF 30 or higher
- Don’t wait too late to hydrate. Hydrate before you get going and before you get thirsty. It’s a good idea to drink 4-6 ounces of water every 15 to 20 minutes.
- Test your child to make sure he/she knows how to contact you if they get lost. Put a note in his/her pocket with phone numbers and names to contact.
- Designate a meeting place and time, just in case the group gets separated for any reason.
Want a little more Disney magic? Take the Timon and Pumbaa Safety Challenge at Animal Kingdom Park, stop in at guest services and ask for your copy. Safety Cards are also available to collect throughout the park. And if you visit Animal Kingdom Lodge and ask for a Wild About Safety Fun Book, with word searches, scrambles, and coloring pages, this book is a perfect for filling time while waiting in lines.
Ready to plan your visit to the parks? Click here.