Bear Elective Adventure: Critter Care
1. Care for a pet for two weeks. Make a list of tasks you did to take care of the pet. If you do not have a pet, research one that you would like to have and write about the care it needs.
2. Learn more about your pet or a pet you would like to have. List three interesting facts that you learned about your pet.
3. Make a poster about your pet or a pet you would like to own. Share your poster with your den, pack, or family.
4. Do your best to train a pet to perform a trick or follow a simple command, and explain how you trained it. (If your pet is a hermit crab, fish, snake, or the like, you may skip this requirement.)
5. Tell three ways that animals can help people.
6. Tell what is meant by an animal being “rabid.” Name some animals that could have rabies. Explain what you should do if you are near an animal that might be rabid.
7. Visit with a local veterinarian or animal shelter caretaker. Find out what types of animals he or she might see on a regular basis. Ask what type of education is needed to become a veterinarian or shelter caretaker and why he or she chose to pursue this career.
Find related posts for Bear Elective Adventure: Critter Care