Bear Adventure: Fur, Feathers, and Ferns
1. While hiking or walking for one mile, identify six signs that any mammals, birds, insects, reptiles, or plants are living nearby the place where you choose to hike.
2. Name one animal that has become extinct in the last 100 years and one animal that is currently endangered. Explain what caused their decline.
3. Visit one of the following: zoo, wildlife refuge, nature center, aviary, game preserve, local conservation area, wildlife rescue group, or fish hatchery. Describe what you learned during your visit.
4. Observe wildlife from a distance. Describe what you saw.
5. Use a magnifying glass to examine plants more closely. Describe what you saw through the magnifying glass that you could not see without it.
6. Learn about composting and how vegetable waste can be turned into fertilizer for plants.
7. Plant a vegetable or herb garden
Find related posts for Bear Adventure: Fur, Feathers, and Ferns
- Insect Badge | Wilderness Explorers
- Flamingo Badge | Wilderness Explorers
- Cub Scout: Plants & Wildlife
- Bear Adventure: Fur, Feathers, and Ferns
- Animal Find Badge | Wilderness Explorers